Small-batch plastic casting in vacuum
The Marabu Company assists you in the manufacture of plastic products.
Nowadays, the most effective way of casting various plastic products in small batches (from 1 to 1000 pieces) is vacuum casting..
A feature of such small-scale casting is the use of liquid multicomponent polyurethanes, which have the properties of such engineering plastics as ABS, polyethylene, polyamide and rubber. The products obtained in this way in their physical and mechanical characteristics almost completely correspond to products that were made using the technology of stamping under pressure from a traditional material.
At the same time, at the request of the customer, the product can be of almost any hardness and elasticity (from 15A to 85D Shore), transparent or colored, high wear resistance and strength, the surface can be glossy, smooth or rough (shagreen), detailing 10 microns. In some cases, products may contain negative corners and undercuts; can be additionally reinforced with embedded elements (bolts, threaded bushings, nuts).
Why are our customers not satisfied with just a 3D printing?
Basically, details from a 3D printer cannot serve as industrial samples, details from a printer are poor in surface quality, performance and properties to parts cast in a vacuum.
Depending on the type of technology, 3D printing has significant disadvantages. Among the most common disadvantages of 3D printing are the following:
- low detailing (the better the surface quality, the more expensive will be the printing cost);
- limited range of materials and their colors;
- low mechanical strength, and on some materials - high shrinkage;
- poor printer performance and short product life.
Vacuum injection casting of plastics
The liquid polyurethane vacuum casting technology ensures perfect mold filling without the need for high pressure. This makes it possible to use flexible molds for casting. Most often, flexible molds are made from silicone or polyurethane.
Casting plastics into silicone molds allows you in a short terms (several days) to go through the entire technological chain from the creation of the drawing to the getting of the finished product.
Plastic casting in vacuum is used in cases of need:
- to make a small batch of products (from 1 to 1000 pcs.);
- to get prototypes for testing or working out the design, to eliminate defects before the start of serial production;
- to make a demonstration of product samples to customers or partners, in order to study the demand, even before the start of serial production;
- to restore broken or worn out details that are out of sale (out of production, long delivery time, etc.).
Order on small-batch plastic casting
It is very easy to make an order on plastic casting, just fill in the form below. You can also contact us in any way convenient for you. More information on the page Contacts.
Please note that the production of the Marabu Company is located in Kiev, but we work with companies throughout Europe.
Order the cost calculation of services for your project
For a quick cost calculation, write in the comments overall dimensions, weight, material requirements, production volume and attach an image.